For the past several months now my husband and I have been super cautious about the food we put into our bodies. It’s true, you really are what you eat! Your body will use everything it can out of the things that you eat, so why not feed your body the best possible that way you can be healthier and have more energy. Who doesn’t need more energy this time of year anyways???
These cookies are a much healthier version of the classic chocolate chip cookie. I have made these over and over and over again, I can’t seem to keep them around too long because we eat them all so fast!
Here is what you’ll need:
— 155g of erythritol
— 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
— 1/4 teaspoon salt
— 2 tablespoons of buttern at room temperature
— 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
— 1 large egg
— 2 cups almond flour, blanched or raw
— 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( we use the 60% dark chocolate chips since dark chocolate is better for you and tastier in my opinion! Also I don’t measure this out exactly and the more chocolate chips the better! )
Lets get to work!
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment.
2. combine the erythritol, baking soda, salt and butter, and mix until smooth ( it helps if you mix and smash it down with a spatula )
3. mix in the vanilla, egg, and almond flour, stirring to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then mix for 1 minute at medium speed.
4. stir in chocolate chips with spatula
5. scoop the dough one level tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheet. You can place them fairly close together on the baking sheet as they wont spread much. Also you’ll notice the chips don’t stay super well so just do your best to pack them in!
6. gently flatten the cookies to about 3/8 ” thick, about 2″ diameter. Now they’re a bit closer together – which is ok spread wise, so long as there’s still an 1″ between them.
7. bake the cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, until their edges are starting to gently brown. You don’t want to overbake these cookies! They will be completely different.
8. remove the cookies from the oven. allow them to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a rack to cool completely. Do not try the cookies while they are super hot, they will not be the best and you’ll burn yourself anyways! I know it’s hard to wait but it’s worth it I promise!
9. after they cool down, enjoy!
Let me know how your cookies turn out! You can add over extracts if you want to get a little cazy like almond extract ( I would add 1/4 of this). Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!