I have been very cautious lately with the products I am using for my beauty routine. One day I decided to look up some things that were in my current beauty products and holyyyyy cow. I did not like what I was reading. My husband and I did this for our food too! But thats a story for a different day. I then decided to make some changes, some much healthier changes! I did some research of some Clean Beauty brands. Ones that are cruetly free and paraben free (although some people might say parabens aren’t bad. To each his own I guess).
I searched for a long while trying to find clean beauty products and which ones would be the right one for me. Through several other bloggers I’ve heard of all different brands but during my research there was one in particular that stood out to me. I actually found it on Amazon while searching “clean beauty”. It’s called Honest Beauty and while reading about this company I found out that Jessica Alba is the creator of the brand which is super cool because duh shes gorgeous, but also cool because I’ve never heard of it before and then it made me wonder if a lot of other people haven’t heard of it either. So I picked out some of their products through Amazon to give them a try. I wasn’t sure what to expect because I have very sensitive skin, I mean I change one thing in my skin care routine and just breakouts everywhere. I’ve been using these products for 2 weeks now!
Below are a list of the products I tried (with links!) and what I think about them
- Magic Gel to Milk Cleanser : First of all they sell several different cleansers ( 3 I think! ) and I picked the one I thought would be best for my skin type. Since I still get breakouts every now and then, I wanted something gentle but will also get the job done. I wash my face with it every morning and night. This cleanser is also made to take makeup off. I take my makeup off with a wipe but always feel like theres still more makeup on, I do not have that problem when using this cleanser! Pros: It doesn’t break me out, it feels really really nice, it does take the rest of my makeup off, it doesn’t dry my face out and I have no idea if this is related to the cleanser beacause it’s a “clean product” but my pores actually look smaller! I wouldn’t trade in this cleanser for anything.
- Deep Hydration Face Cream : I have combination skin, at least that is what I have been told but honestly I feel like my face is on the dry side. I love having a dewy complextion just as my personal reference and this does it for me. I have tried so many moisturizers and this one feels like butter on my face. and I love it. It soaks into your skin giving you a healthy glow and completely safe to wear under makeup! Also it smells like a flower field in a bottle. herb central. I can’t get over this one. Obviously it also doesn’t break me out.
- Eyeliner : I will not use another eyeliner ever again. I was messing with using a little jar with a brush and brushing my eyeliner on. This is a brush with the eyeliner already on it. Its a liquid liner and extremely user friendly! Also beyond easy to remove if you mess up. Since this is a clean product, they use different materials to make the eyeliner and instead of it feeling like I’m putting straight up tar on my eyeballs, It slides right off but only when you use a makeup remover. This doesn’t smudge or come off during the day!
- Mascara (with a primer!) : Do you feel like you could have great eyelashes but they don’t curl? or maybe they used to curl and they don’t anymore.. or maybe they just aren’t long enough! Your prayers have been answered. You’re welcome. I have always had pretty good lashes but over time I felt like they didn’t want to curl anymore. I’ve used so many mascaras and always found that I liked the drug store brand better than most brands at Sephora! Nothing was what I really wanted though. This is now my holy grail mascara and who even knew you needed a primer?? One side of this is primer and the other side is mascara. You put the primer on first and before putting the mascara on you want to wait a few minutes to let the primer do it’s magic. My lashes have not look this long since I was a kid (and without making them look like spider legs!) No clumping, Not messy, just beautiful long lashes and this is coming from someone who used to wear false lashes daily!
- Invisible Blurring Powder : Who here has been personally victimized by the white powder?!? If you aren’t careful in choosing the right brand of powder, you could end up with clumpy makeup or looking like you just saw a ghost or even worse...fine undereye lines! I put this powder to the test. worked out with it on, went the whole day with it on. Would you believe it if I told you that this solved almost all my undereye problems? I mean it’s not magic that takes away dark circles but it works great when using an undereye concealer to keep it in place and stop it from creasing. Laura Mercier who???
These are the products I have used so far and in case you didn’t notice, I speak very highly of this brand! I think Jessica did an amazing job providing quality skin care that is also clean! She has a whole makeup line, skin care line, hair, and even things for the baby too! If you decide to try one of these products let me know! I will be trying hopefully all her products because I just love them so much!